Powered-up Smoothie Bowl
This recipe provides a balance of fruit, veggies, protein, and healthy fats. The chia seeds help to thicken the texture of the smoothie, so you can eat it in a bowl, and they provide anti-inflammatory omega-3 fats and fiber to help keep you full for hours.
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 2 ripe bananas (frozen)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 2.5 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1.5 cups milk of your choice (i.e. cow’s milk unsweetened almond, soy or coconut milk, hemp milk, etc)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Walnuts or almonds
- Fresh berries
- Cacao nibs
- Put all smoothie ingredients in blender, blend until creamy and smooth. Add more milk as needed to thin it to desired consistency.
- Divide between three bowls and add toppings as desired.