High-Protein Vanilla Smoothie
This smoothie gets its beautiful green color—and a hefty protein boost—from edamame. In one glass you'll get 21 grams of protein, about 46 percent of a woman's daily need, plus 9 grams of fiber, which is about 40 percent of a woman's daily quota. That alone makes this drink a treat that'll keep you satisfied until lunch.
Original recipe by Amy Gorin, MS, RDN @ amydgorin.com
- 1 banana (frozen)
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons almond butter
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- In a high-speed blender, add banana, edamame, and almond butter.
- With a knife, slice vanilla bean horizontally, then scrape seeds with a spoon and add to blender.
- Add milk; blend, and enjoy!